Barraca Paella & Tapas Bar

Sangria, tapas, paella, churros, great service, awesome atmosphere... I could continue going on of what I liked about Barraca, but it will be better if you experience it on your own!

This week I wanted to try something new, different and nice. I remembered a friend of mine mentioning going to this place and loving it, so I decided to try it too. 

They have a small menu, which I love and great wine and beer selection. I started with Mango Sangria and it was delicious. 


If you want to try several dishes order tapas (small plates). I recommend the Mejollones, the Empanadas and Queso Frito they are to die for! Also you can not leave without trying the famous Churros. Everything was excellent, I wish I could have kept eating more and try the whole menu. I will definitely go back to try the rest. 


On Saturdays they feature Flamenco Nights from 8-10pm. So if you want to have a great time and treat your palate, I recommend Barraca Paella & Tapas Bar. They also have Happy Hour -Tuesday to Saturday from 4pm -7pm.  


Barraca is located at 1420 S Alamo St Suite 101 in San Antonio (Blue Star Complex). It is locally owned and managed. 


If you want more information visit www.barracatx.com or like their Facebook page to get the latest news and upcoming events. www.facebook.com/Barracatx





Order the Mango Sangria, you won't regret it!

Mejillones
Mussels, clams, tomato-saffron broth
Queso Frito
Fried goat cheese, honey, balsamic, grilled baguette
Empanadas
Fried turnover, pulled chicken, mushrooms, piquillos,
capers, cream sauce

Churros

Ziryab playing Flamenco

Great atmosphere










Second round!
Awesome art by Franchute 





Back to Top